PRIVACY & SECURITY
- WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION DOES THELIMITED.COM COLLECT ONLINE?
- WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION DOES THE LIMITED COLLECT ON ITS SOCIAL MEDIA SITES?
- HOW DOES THELIMITED.COM USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED ONLINE?
- USE OF TECHNOLOGY TO SERVE OUR ADVERTISING AND YOUR CHOICES.
- WHAT INFORMATION DOES THELIMITED.COM SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES?
- CHOICE - OPT OUT
- VISITORS FROM OUTSIDE THE U.S.
- UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- PRIVACY OF CHILDREN ON OUR WEBSITE
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
- SECURITY STATEMENT
- QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION DOES THELIMITED.COM COLLECT ONLINE?br> 1. General Browsing: br>
THELIMITED.com may ask you to provide personal information when you establish or update an Account on this site, sign up to receive emails or texts from The Limited or other marketing materials, make a purchase, create or update your Wish List, send items to a friend, view your order history, participate in contests and surveys, submit a career profile or contact us. Categories of personal information collected online include name, billing and shipping address information, email address, telephone number, mobile number, payment card information, recipient's name, address and email address, items purchased combined with your other personal information, résumé information and any other information you choose to provide us.2. Information Observed or Collected Through Technology: br>
- Navigational Information. THELIMITED.com gathers navigational information about where visitors go on our website and information about the technical efficiencies of our website and services (i.e., time to connect to our website, time to download pages, etc.). In the process of gathering navigational information, non-personally identifiable information (for example, domain type, browser version, and service provider) may be collected which will provide information regarding a visitor's use of our website.
- Cookies. A cookie is a small data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer or device. Cookies are typically stored on your computer's hard drive or in your device’s memory and tracks information about your clicks as you go through the pages within our website. Some of the cookies we use to collect this information may be “Flash” cookies or Adobe® cookies, which are similar to traditional cookies, but reside in Adobe Flash Player rather than your browser.
- Pixel Tags. A pixel tag is a nearly invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a webpage or in an email message. Pixel tags collect the same information about your visit that is collected through cookies, as noted above. Pixel Tags in emails allow us to collect information regarding your receipt of, and response to, our emails.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION DOES THE LIMITED COLLECT ON ITS SOCIAL MEDIA SITES?
Personal information may be collected directly by The Limited through Social Media Pages and may also be collected by the social media site hosting The Limited's Social Media Page.
The social media sites where The Limited has its Social Media Pages may provide aggregate information and analysis to The Limited about visitors' use of our Social Media Pages. This allows us to better understand and analyze our user growth, general demographic information about the users of our Social Media Pages, and interaction with content on our Social Media Pages. Overall, this information may be used to help us understand the types of visitors and users of our Social Media Pages and use of the content.
HOW DOES THELIMITED.COM USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED ONLINE?1. Information you provide.
THELIMITED.com uses the information you provide to:
- Deliver products that you have ordered,
- Contact you or the product recipient(s) in the event of order delay or difficulty,
- Deliver information through the various communication channels you have provided to us about our products or website, including adding you to our email list or to our customer phone and mail marketing list when you register for an Account or make a purchase,
- Send information about events, surveys, promotions and possibly contests to you,
- Tailor your experience on our website to your interests,
- Develop our products, services and website, and
- Respond to your inquiries.
If you have set up an Account at this site you may save personal information in that Account, such as name and shipping information, and we will access this saved information to make your shopping quicker and easier. We require you to create and/or access your Account to use various services on the website, such as your order history and Wish List. Because you must create or access your Account prior to using these services, it is possible that we could associate you with the information you provide through these services.
We will use the information you provide in a career profile, including in your résumé, to assist in your goal of becoming an associate with The Limited and, if hired, we will use the information submitted for employment and business-related purposes.
With respect to The Limited emails and text messages, you will receive exclusive information about special offers, media events, new products and much more. If at any time you would like to stop future delivery of The Limited emails and text messages, please follow the removal instructions located at the end of each message. Please note, however, that your request not to receive email information will not preclude us from contacting you by email or otherwise regarding questions we have about your purchase and other operational emails, such as shipping information.The Limited uses the information collected on its Social Media Pages to send communications regarding our products, services, and promotions; to respond to your inquiries; to conduct surveys, sweepstakes or contests; to analyze your activity on our Social Media Pages; and to develop our products and services. 2. Infromation collected through technology.
Information gathered through technology is used by us to determine such things as which parts of our website are most visited or used, what products are browsed and/or purchased, the effectiveness of our websites and advertisements, and difficulties visitors may experience in accessing our websites. Cookies and pixel tags may be used to tell us whether THELIMITED.com has been previously visited by you or someone using your computer, what products or portions of the website you may have viewed or products added to your Shopping Bag. The information collected through technology may be associated with other information such as your IP address, name, purchases made, your contact information, your actions in response to our communications with you. This is then used to enhance and personalize your online browsing and shopping experience, to market and promote our products, events, and services to you and to assist in the administration of your use of features and programs on our site.3. Information collected by us on Social Media Pages.
The Limited uses the information collected on its Social Media Pages to send communications regarding our products, services, and promotions; to respond to your inquiries; to conduct surveys, sweepstakes or contests; to analyze your activity on our Social Media Pages; and to develop our products and services.
USE OF TECHNOLOGY TO SERVE OUR ADVERTISING AND YOUR CHOICES.
We may elect to use third-party advertising companies to serve tailored online display and banner advertisements and allow them to collect information by placing cookies and using pixel tags when you choose to visit and when you visit THELIMITED.com. These companies may use information about your choice to visit and your visits to our site and other websites to provide advertisements about The Limited's products and services on this and other websites. Online advertisements may be customized to your interests and preferences, based on information learned about you as you use our websites and the web in general. These advertising companies may also provide information to us which we would use to gauge the effectiveness of the advertisements they place about our products and services and for marketing purposes.
To learn about opt out programs that these third-party advertising companies participate in and the effect of opting out, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You can also click on the icon that may appear on some of our advertising served through these companies. Please be aware that our website systems may not recognize “Do Not Track” header signals from browsers.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES THELIMITED.COM SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We may use third-party vendors to help us provide services to you, such as monitoring site activity; hosting the website; assisting us with our Social Media Pages; providing promotional strategy; processing orders; running promotions, events and surveys; maintaining our database; providing store locator services; processing employment applications; and administering and monitoring emails and text messages.
We may make names and addresses collected online available to other companies.
If you provide us your email address after March 12, 2010 (including updating your email information), provided you have not opted out of receiving marketing emails from us, your email address may also be shared with other companies, so that those businesses may send you information about their products.
When you send an email from THELIMITED.com to a friend, we will send your selected recipient your email address, message, and your selected outfit or item(s). We may include an opportunity for the recipient to sign up to receive promotional materials from THELIMITED.com.
Comenity Bank issues and owns The Limited Credit Card accounts. If you apply online for a The Limited Credit Card with Comenity Bank and, once opened, you further elect to pay your account online, you will be providing your personal information directly to Comenity Bank and the information you provide to Comenity Bank would be subject to Comenity Bank's privacy policies.
There is a possibility that The Limited could merge with, acquire, or be acquired by another business entity, or be involved in a corporate reorganization or other change of control. If such an action occurs, some or all of the personal information collected about you could be shared with this entity and may also be retained by The Limited.
You should be aware that we may disclose specific information about you if necessary to do so by law or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law or is necessary to protect the users of our website, the website or the public.
CHOICE - OPT OUT
- Email: If at any time you would like to stop future delivery of The Limited marketing emails, please follow the removal instructions located at the end of each marketing message. Please note, however, that opting out of these emails will not stop operational or transactional emails, such as order confirmation and shipping emails or customer service emails.
- Text Messages: If you've signed up for mobile text messaging offers from The Limited but later decide you no longer wish to receive them, you can follow the opt-out instructions provided at the time you signed up for text messages or the instructions that may be included in the text messages you receive.
- Cookies: Through the use of privacy settings on your browser it is possible (depending on the browser version) to block or delete cookies. Some parts of the website may not operate correctly if you disable cookies, and you may not be able to take advantage of some of the website’s features. Flash cookies will not be affected by any browser setting changes you make related to cookies. You can remove Flash cookies by going to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/ and following the instructions on that page.
- Name and Mailing Address
VISITORS FROM OUTSIDE THE U.S.
If you are visiting THELIMITED.com from a location outside of the U.S., your connection will be through and to servers located in the U.S. All information you provide to THELIMITED.com will be maintained in web servers and/or internal systems located within the U.S. With respect to personal information you provide to The Limited on its Social Media Pages, once received from the social media sites, it is maintained and processed by us on servers and internal systems located in the U.S.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We prefer to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. To do this, we provide you with the opportunity to update or modify your THELIMITED.com Account when you Log In.
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN ON OUR WEBSITE
To ensure compliance with federal law, THELIMITED.com does not knowingly collect or maintain information provided by children under the age of 13.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
For your convenience, our website may contain links to other websites. THELIMITED.com is not responsible for the privacy practices, advertising, products or the content of such websites. Links that appear on THELIMITED.com should not necessarily be deemed to imply that THELIMITED.com endorses or has any affiliation with the linked websites. We encourage you to review the separate privacy policies of each site you visit.
THELIMITED.com has imposed confidentiality obligations on its service providers who will have access to the personal information collected on this site. In addition, we have implemented administrative, technical and physical measures to address the confidentiality of personal information collected on this website.
While we implement the above security measures for this website, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have additional questions or would like more information on this topic, please feel free to contact us at:
Limited Stores Client Relations
P.O. Box 182651
Columbus, OH 43218-2651