Terms and Conditions for Customer Product Reviews and Copyright Infringement Notice
Submissions of Reviews are also subject to the TheLimited.com Private Policy.
Your submission of a product rating or review confirms your unconditional acceptance of the following terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, do not submit a rating or review.
1. Reviews and User Submissions. The Limited's Sites permit the submission of user-submitted ratings and reviews in addition to the submission of other user-submitted text, artwork, photographs, product ideas, video, audio, and images (“User Submissions”). You understand that such User Submissions may be accessed and viewed by others, including by the general public, and, whether or not such User Submissions are published, The Limited does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions. You are solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of publishing them on the Website.
2. License. By submitting User Submissions, you hereby grant to The Limited an unrestricted, nonexclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, transferable and irrevocable license and right, but not the obligation, to use, edit, alter, change, condense, copy, reproduce, disclose, display, publish, remove, prepare derivative works from, perform, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, or otherwise exploit the User Submissions, in whole or in part, in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter developed including, without limitation, broadcast and cable television, radio, mobile transmission, and the internet, for any purpose whatsoever including, without limitation, advertising, promotion, entertainment or commercial purposes, without any payment to or further authorization by you. Under the license granted herein, The Limited shall be free to use any ideas or concepts contained in the User Submissions without further attribution, compensation or notice to you. The Limited does not endorse any User Submissions or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein. The Limited reserves the right to determine in its sole discretion whether User Submissions are appropriate and comply with the Terms and Conditions, including without limitation, the Prohibited Uses of Website and Services, Review Guidelines and other applicable rules and restrictions and whether or not to allow the uploading and/or removal of any User Submissions. For clarity, The Limited obtains the license above, but does not claim ownership of your User Submissions.
3. Your Representations. In connection with User Submissions, you affirm, represent, and warrant to The Limited that:
- The content of your User Submission(s) is original (no lifts from previously published material, including music);
- You own all right, title and interest to your User Submission(s) and have the sole and exclusive right (including all intellectual property and other proprietary rights embodied by the User Submissions or represented by such User Submissions) to license all of the rights therein to The Limited as set forth in the license granted above;
- Use of your User Submission(s) on the Website or otherwise by The Limited, in whole or in part, will not infringe upon the rights of any third party including, without limitation, any intellectual property or privacy rights;
- You have obtained written permission from any other person named, photographed or otherwise depicted or whose voice is used in your User Submission(s) which will allow The Limited to utilize the User Submission(s) without compensation;
- The User Submission(s) that you submit does not contain any material for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party; and
- You are at least 18 years old.
4. Prohibited Uses of Website and Services. You shall not post, transmit, redistribute, upload, or promote any communications, content or materials that
- Contain corrupted files, viruses, or any other similar software files, the intent of which is to damage the operation of another’s computer;
- Are unlawful, threatening, harassing, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, hateful, profane, indecent, racially or ethnically derogatory, or otherwise objectionable;
- Contain chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- Contain any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation to other users, individuals or entities;
- Include any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers;
- Contain email addresses, first and last names, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses, or other forms of personal contact information;
- Impersonate any person, business or entity, including our company and our employees and agents;
- Encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense;
- Give rise to civil liability;
- Otherwise violate any law (including, but not limited to, those governing consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising); or
- In doing so, amount to any conduct that, in the judgment of The Limited, restricts, impairs, interferes with or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Sites and/or our related services and products.
5. Indemnification by You. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Limited (and its officers, directors, employees, agents, joint ventures, and third-party service providers including, without limitation, Bazaarvoice, Inc.), from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of these Terms and Conditions, any law or regulation or the rights of any third party.
6. Notice of Copyright Infringement. The Limited does not permit copyright infringing activities on the Website, and The Limited may remove any User Submissions or other materials if properly informed that any such User Submissions or other materials infringe on another’s copyright rights. The Limited will terminate a user’s ability to submit User Submissions if, under appropriate circumstances, such user is determined to be a repeat infringer.
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Submissions or other material infringes upon your copyrights, you may notify The Limited by providing the following information in writing:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists;
- Identification of the User Submission or other material that is claimed to be infringing and a description of the infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit The Limited to locate the same;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit The Limited to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the User Submission or other material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed.
Our agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
7775 Walton Parkway
New Albany, OH 43054
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements above, your notice may not be valid.
7. Special Notice. The Limited and its affiliates have a no-tolerance policy regarding the use of our trademarks or names in meta tags and/or hidden text. Specifically, the use of our trademarks or names in meta tag keywords is trademark infringement, and the use of trademarks or names in page text, meta tags, and/or hidden text for purposes of gaining higher rankings from search engines is unfair competition. Linking to any TheLimited.com webpage is prohibited absent express written permission from The Limited. Framing, inline linking or other association of the TheLimited.com Website or its suppliers' software or HTML code, scripts, text, artwork, photographs, images, video, and audio with links, advertisements and/or other information not originating from the TheLimited.com Website is expressly prohibited.
9. Termination. We may suspend or terminate your ability to submit product ratings or reviews at any time, for any reason or for no reason. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any aspect of this Website at any time without notice.
Reviews are generally posted within 2-4 business days, but The Limited reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove or refuse to post a Review that is not compliant with these Terms and Conditions or the Review Guidelines.